JRP (Job Readiness Program)
- Build your autonomy in job searching
- Increase the probability of obtaining employment in your field
- Obtain recognized Canadian work experience that employers look for
- Have the opportunity to build a professional network
- Integrate into the labour force for the long term
- Varied and specific content: self-awareness, C.V. and cover letters, job market, job interviews
- Possibility of doing a four-week professional internship related to your field
- Group program
- Alternating between theory and practical work
- Learn about creative job search techniques (CJST)
- Master job search tools to set yourself apart in the recruitment process
- Learn about Quebec work culture and obtain a reference from a local employer following your internship
- Test out adjacent job fields
- Benefit from the stimulating and dynamic influence of your group and build an intercultural network
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will I be paid for my participation in the program?
The program is offered in partnership with Services Québec. When you register, you will need to fill out a form and your situation will be evaluated by a Services Québec agent. If necessary, our counselors are available to help you with the form.
Is the internship mandatory?
Yes, the four-week internship is mandatory. It is an integral part of the program. It’s also an excellent opportunity to consider if you want to integrate into the job market and develop experience in Quebec.
Will I find an internship in my field?
We will do everything in our power to help you find an internship in your field. An added benefit of the program is helping you discover the many different options available to you in Quebec’s job market in your field of specialty. In order to maximize your chances of finding an internship, it may be in a field related to your field of specialty.
What happens if I need to step away from the program while it's underway?
This program requires good attendance in order to optimize your job search. It is rich with content and every piece of information is relevant for your professional integration journey.
If you need more flexibility in your job search process, we suggest that you consider the Employment Assistance Services, which are tailored to your personal and professional needs.
41, Nigerian origin. Father of 2 children. Arrived in QC in 2017. Background in industrial engineering and project management.
I participated in PPE in April 2018. Training on the labour market, advice for interviews, and learning about what it's like to work in Quebec were all useful. The internship included in PPE gave me access to my first role in engineering. I will strongly recommend the CIMOI to any new immigrant to Montréal.Femi Awobiyi,
My name is FZ, I’m married and newly arrived in Quebec. My experience with CIMOI was very fruitful. It helped us a lot, me and my family, to integrate quickly into Canadian society. It helped us with our papers for child benefits and also with PPE program.On a personal level, they helped me to build up my CV and taught me the hints to search for a job in the hidden market. My wife also will benefit now from the French classes offered by CIMOI. I would highly recommend everyone to benefit from this excellent service.FZ,